Wednesday 19 March 2014

Debenhams #lovedemin Menswear Competition.

If you're a frequent reader of my blog, then you'll be fully aware of my ridiculous love for Debenhams. I work right round the corner from the HUGE Derby store and dread to think how many lunchtimes I've spent wishing how much of the pretty things I could afford!

                                               #LoveDenim

When approached about this amazing competition thats currently running I couldn't say no! The idea is to style two outfits based on the theme of Demin, possibly the most timeless fabric around!
I often talk about my other half, Jamie in my blog as we now live together and not knowing many people in Derby, he's a huge part of my day to day life so I'll often bring him into my posts! 

The first look is a casual piece ideal for a gig. Being a music journalism graduate, going to gigs is something I know all too well and well dressed men is always an added bonus!



For this look I've opted for a smart/casual look. I've chosen a checkered shirt purely because I think a guy at a gig in a check shirt can never go a miss, Although most would wear this buttoned up I love an open shirt with a t-shirt underneath. This Mantary Purple Checkered Shirt, £40 (HERE) fits the bill quite nicely.

The t-shirt of choice for me is something that really needs alot of thought. I usually love a good motif print but under the check shirt it can alook a little bit too much so I've opted for this Fred Perry Pocket T-shirt, £35 (HERE). I think its perfect as a solid under colour but then if you get a bit warm, take off the shirt and you unleash a whole new look.

The Jeans I've picked for this look are a classic pair of Levi's. My go-to brand for demin and one of the few brands that have proved you can wear these for years to come. I've chosen the 506 Dark Stuff straight leg, £95 (HERE). I would normally love a guy in a pair of skinnies but for a gig, these would be a bit roomier for the heat of those crowds!

I've gone for a simple pair of Navy Converse, £45 (HERE) because I'm sure thats standard gig attire these days.
Finishing off this outfit are this pair of Storm Grey Aviator Sunglasses, £35 (HERE) because all that queueing up outside needs some sun protection surely?!


This 2nd outfit is based around a smart dinner date. As a girl thats not actually been on a dressed up date, this is purely based on every well dressed man I've seen passing my work on a Saturday evening! 



I've gone for a contemporary suited look for this as I think in terms of men getting 'dressed up' there has never been the biggest range of options so for me a shirt and smart shoes is a great look.

For a shirt I've gone with this Thomas Nash Dark Grey Shirt, £15 (HERE). I think a white shirt is abit wedding-y as part of a suit so a dark grey one is very date night whilst still looking incredibly smart.

As far as demin goes, I think a black demin is ideal for a dinner date as its still super smart but also have that cool twist to it. I've picked a straight leg fit for this look as it holds in place much like a suit trouser so will blend in with any uptown restaurant. These Jeff Banks Jeans, £45 (HERE) are so smart and I'm actually considering showing these to Jamie as they're so nice!

Being a lover of all things with a vintage twist, I love a man in a pair of brogues and these Ben Sherman Black Brogues, £65 (HERE) would go great to add that little something to this evening out.

 To finish this look I've picked this J by Jasper Conran Leather Wallet, £25 (HERE). Although I'm a big believer in splitting the bill, its always helpful if he has a wallet on him!

 
So there you have it! my top looks for the special man in my life. Jamie approved of these looks (but I'm sure he was just agreeing to shut me up for a bit longer haha!)

If you fancy having a good yourself all the details can be found here.

Let me know what you guys think of these and would you choose anything different??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I read every single one and always check out your blog in return. If you like what you see here, I'd love it if you stuck around.